For giving a wonderful look and a decent climate to our house, we should decorate our house with beautiful and costly things like carpets, furniture and many other things that can be attractive to the guest, then we have to protect our house from a harmful or various types of damage like water damage, fire damage, earthquake, flood, etc. If water accumulates or even enters the house, then it becomes harmful for human health because through the water damage many microbes are entered in a house like bacteria, fungi, mold, viruses, etc.
So when water accumulates in the house then the content of the house like carpets and rugs, wooden furniture, electrical goods and appliances, artwork, drawing and other precious paintings, etc. all are damaged quickly. Water damage is harmful to our building structure, our wealth and health also. The leakage of pipes can cause it, freezing pipes, destroy pipes, heavy rains leading to flooding of the entire area, overflow sink or broken washing machine and by the foundation problems.
Water damage restoration is the process for removing the water from flooded area and repair the damages; it’s a restoration process. Restoration is done by many restoration companies or by many restorers who have experienced and work smartly with full dedication. They used the new techniques and new instruments for water damage reconstruction, water damage clean process. Some methods like loss assessment and evaluation, categorization, classification, principals in drying, structure and contents consideration, monitoring, completion, etc. are done in restoration or recovery of water damage which are used by most of the restoration companies. These all are the very important factors for restoration process used by restoration companies.
To help you ensure a safe restoration of damaged items by water process, listed down are few tips for everybody’s guidance. Take a look.
1. Beware of hazards. Water and electricity – that makes a good mix for electrical hazards. Bear in mind to check structural damage before your enter a flooded home.
2. Throw away canned goods and other water-damaged food which have been infected by the flood water. Make sure that you boil local water public supply for any form of consumption. To be safe, consider water supply unsafe declared by the authorities.
3. File an insurance claim. When you call your insurance company, be ready with your policy number and a list of your detailed property losses that you want to declare. When making your list, include the value and the age of the property if possible. If you have the receipts all lost items, keep this readily available for your adjuster.
4. Take pictures, before you even proceed with you restoration of damaged items by water, take the time to take photos. This will facilitate a convenient and easy process in filing your insurance claim.
You adjuster needs all the evidence you can give in the preparation of your repair estimate.
5. Prevent mold contamination. Flooded homes are usually vulnerable to mold and mildew. Saturate carpets, beddings and other stuffed furniture. Before proceeding to water damage reconstruction for your stuffed properties like pillows and couches, take a time to evaluate the damage. If the damage were serious, a replacement would be the better option. Fluffy, damp and dirty furniture make a good environment for mold contamination.
6. Dry out your home interior completely. Using portable dehumidifiers will help you expedite the drying process. Your air conditioners may be a big help as well.